KWI IS DIFFERENT FROM THE REST
- American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspectors
- Earn AWS Certifications
- NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) Craft Training
- NCCCO (National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators) Certification in both Rigger 1 and Signal
- ASHI (American Safety and Health Institute) CPR and First Aid Certification
- OSHA 30 Safety Cards
- MSHA 40 Safety Training
- TWIC, Basic Plus, and CCS cards
- 15:1 student to instructor ratio
- Career Job Placement Assistance
- 2 weeks free brush up annually
- Onsite employer weld tests
- Instruction by American Welding Society Certified Welding Educator
- Curriculum designed by National Board Certified Teacher
- Eligible to become a KWI Instructor
As the KY State Skills USA Champion of 2016, I had the option of attending several different welding schools. I had scholarships and FAFSA to attend Tulsa or KCTCS cheaper than what it took me to attend Kentucky Welding Institute. I chose KWI because my future was more important than a discount. My investment has paid off. After 6 months of intense training my resume is full, my skills are sharp, and I was able to head straight to a job in Cape Canaveral, FL welding pipe for $35/hour.”
KY Skills USA Welding Champion-2016
WHY KENTUCKY WELDING INSTITUTE
KWI instructors offer an immense wealth of welding industry knowledge. From shop fabrication, project bidding, and entrepreneurship to road warrior welding on medical and food grade stainless, refineries, and in power plants, KWI’s experienced training staff will get you to the welding career you want.
Focused on getting you out of school in the shortest amount of time, KWI operates on 8-hour industry-like work days. One hour daily is devoted to classroom instruction and seven hours for perfecting your skill with your dedicated personal welding machine: be it a booth, pipe lab, outside simulators or in a hooch. Training on 40-hour work weeks allows for minimal school house time and an easy transition from school to the real world.
With a 15:1 student to instructor ratio, KWI cultivates a learning environment capable of enabling your successes. One on one attention through classroom theory, practical demonstration, and student application ensure you are learning at your maximum potential. Backed by a job seeking staff that is focused on aiding you in gaining employment, you are taken care of from start to finish.
KWI knows that every student learns at his or her own pace. With our low student to teacher ratio, KWI can accommodate all learning styles and enable students to reach their maximum potential. While each program is designed with defined objectives and weld tests planned, students who excel have the option to pursue various processes and welding procedures specific to their career interests and ability.